Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Grandma and Grandpa Brooks

This is me with my Grandma and Grandpa Brooks. I must have been about 2 years old. Grandpa died in March of 1982, on the 18th if I recall. I don't have alot of memories of him but I do know I was very upset when he died just 3 days before my 4th birthday. One thing I do remember is sleeping over at their house down on state st, getting up in the mornings and eating Malt-O-Meal with Grandpa. He would always say "Eat around the edges first". To this day it's still my favorite thing to have for breakfast. Grandma died in February of 1997. I have alot of memories of Grandma. I loved when she came to stay at out house for a week. She would always make some of her famous Rice Pudding!! Yummy! She really loved her nap in the Lay Z Boy (I think I know where dad gets the snooring from).

1 comment:

  1. Wow - i think Stai resembles you a little in this pic. damn the Brooks gene.

    ReplyDelete