Friday, October 9, 2009

In loving memory


Gone are the eyes that watched me grow
The eyes that were able to see into my soul
Together we climbed mountains and made it through the pain
Only to find out that someday it would be forever changed
As you've gotten weaker, I've gotten stronger
Able to take care of myself even though I didn't want to
You'd be proud of my wit, my confidence and my charm
People say I'm just like you and I know all about your charms
The eyes are in my heart, the eyes that saw my soul
But gone are the beautiful eyes, the eyes that watched me grow
Three years ago today my Mom passed away. Words can not express how I am feeling right now. My heart is broken and my eyes are filled with tears. I miss her so much. I miss those crazy birthday calls when she would sing to me, I miss her crooked smile, I miss being able to call her when I don't know what temprature to cook something on, I miss watching Montel with her on Wednesdays and critizing Sylvia Brown and how crazy she is. She always knew what to say and when to say it! I hate October 9th.
I LOVE YOU MOM

3 comments:

  1. I like the poem Abbie, love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abbie, I miss your mom too, especially when I'm walking my dog around the cemetary and see your dad at her place. I choke up every time. Last night we had a Halloween party and Doreen tried to make "Vera's Popcorn balls". My nephew Jordan said, "these aren't as good as Vera's" Doreen said; "I know, she took that recipe to the grave" and Jordan said; "What Vera died, when?" He started to tear up. It was really sweet. We all miss and love her!

    ReplyDelete